In 2013, there were over 10,076 deaths attributed to alcohol-impaired motor vehicle drivers here in the United Sates. Mothers Against Drunk Drivers (MADD) is striving to lower these numbers with their Walk Like MADD community supported events.
Walk Like MADD is a fun and exciting 5K walk that not only raises awareness about drunk driving, it helps fund the organization. By participating in these walks, you’ll have great time while also helping make the community a safe place to live.
- When: July 11 from 9am to 1:00pm
- Where: Village at the Park at 152 Westpark Court Camarillo, CA 93012
The sponsors for this Walk Like MADD event include Ventura Police Officers’ Association, Vendurance Sports, VCDSA, Oxnard Police Officers’ Association, and SVPOA.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
- When: July 18 from 9am to 11am
- Where: Bear Creek Park at 245 Bear Creek Rd, Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
- When: July 18 from 5:00pm to 8:30pm.
- Where: National Hispanic Cultural Center at 1701 Fourth SW Albuquerque, New Mexico 87102
The sponsors for this Walk Like MADD event include 100.3 The Peak, Parnall Law, BlueCross BlueShield, Walgreens, and Nusenda, Mister Car Wash.
Help Prevent Drunk Driving
Drunk driving not only affects the individuals injured or killed, it also affects their loved ones and the community as a whole. Taking someone’s keys or volunteering to be a designated driver are good actions to take; however, there’s much more you can do. You can get involved in the various MADD campaigns taking place in your state, you can donate to MADD, and you can stay informed by visiting the official website for MADD.
View June event information here.