Changing your address with the Delaware Division of Motor Vehicles is important to make certain documents like your license and registration show the updated information. Amidst all the other things you have to take care of during your move, this needs to be at the top of your list to avoid any penalties or tickets if you get stopped and have inaccurate information on your license or registration. You may complete the request just before you move or immediately after.

The Delaware DMV Change of Address form is available for the use by Delaware residents only and not for transplants from other states. Changing the record for your Driver License and Vehicle Registration can be done by mail or in person for existing residents or in a DMV office for those moving from out-of state. Delaware law requires citizens to notify the DMV within 30 days of changing addresses. In order to update your address information, you must print out and complete this form. Mail the completed form to the Division of Motor Vehicles at the following address:
PO BOX 698
DOVER, DE 19903

General Info for Delaware Residents Changing Their Address

If your mailing address differs from your residential address, make sure both are included on the form. The DMV requires your actual residential address in order to determine residency, domicile, and voting eligibility and for the purposes of mail notifications. Although you will receive a new vehicle registration card(s), you will need to visit a DMV office to obtain a new driver license that reflects your new address which is free of charge.

Save on Your Auto Insurance When You Move

Although renewing your auto insurance policy is not effected by a local, in-state move, it may still be a good time to learn about updated automobile insurance rates to see if you can save and get better coverage. Use the zip code box above to receive your personalized free auto insurance estimate. Also, you can check out additional tips and information on this page regarding various other organizations to reach out to when you have moved and need to change your address.